Saturday 25 September 2010

Welcome to part two
I hope you have thought where you put yourself in the mind-technique percentage in your sport.
In the example above David was 25%-75% being an absolute beginner (aged 25 years old). I would estimate someone like Tiger Woods would be 97%mind-3%technique, don’t get it wrong when I say that Tiger has only 3% technique he holds the other 97% in his subconscious mind. (This is because he has had hours and hours of practice).  I hope I am not losing you at this point!  Let me try and make it a little clearer. When you drive your car, if you have had your licence, and driven approximately 6,000 miles/year for over four years I would say that you now steer, change gear, and the other driving faculties you have, you will now be doing it subconsciously. When you do things subconsciously it is called going into state. The older you are the slower it takes to go into state and slower in coming out of state. I will give you a example, well you have just driven your car a few miles and you get to your destination , you will be approximately 17% in state, you then get out of your car and use your key fob to lock your car, you are now 12% in state, you start to walk down the street, you are now 8% in state, you walk a few more yards, you are 4% in state, a few more steps and you are in conscious state. At this point you think, did I lock my car? Have you ever done that?    A cricketer gets to a hundred runs , he then celebrates, comes out of state goes back to the crease to resume his innings and he’s out next ball. He was not back into his concentration state. (This is where a peak performance coach can show you how to return to your full concentration state in seconds.)
Don’t think that practice, practice is the answer. One of my friends he is golf mad, and the club professional would say to me, “your mate is on the practice ground he’s the only player I know who practices  six hours a day practicing the wrong technique”.
So the correct practice is a must, never practice without purpose and if you can work along side a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment